Level 3 Award in Education and Training
What can you do with the Award E&T qualification?
There are many opportunities to teach and train in the many colleges, (see TES JOBS Click HERE), training and commercial organisations, locally and nationally. The PTLLS qualification can be a valuable asset when attending interviews for teaching and training positions, as it confers a ‘threshold license to teach’. CLICK HERE for details.
Candidates who are already teaching or training may value the systematic approach to maximising learning and engagement for their own students and also to understand WHY their teaching strategies work. Many strategies for effective learning are investigated and used by all whilst on the course.
This teacher training qualification will give you a 'threshold license to teach'. This initial teacher training course is designed to suit a variety of needs. Prospective students may be wishing to change or pursue another career, in teaching adults (generally from 16 years old and upwards).
Aspects of learning: - specifically, the following topics will be addressed;
1) Assessing Learners Needs – learning styles – areas of learning - learning theory including motivation principles.
2) Lesson/Session Plan construction. Aims and Objectives, structure of session, differentiation – addressing every learners needs.
3) Teaching and Learning Activities. 2 practice presentations in groups & a 20 to 25 minute assessed teaching session delivered by each candidate.
4) Teaching/learning aids/resources and class-room techniques and strategies.
5) Quality assurance procedures.
6) Self-evaluation through a reflective diary relating theory to practice. Peer appraisal as well as tutor appraisal, which is an important part of the course, giving and getting meaningful evaluations.
7) Sharing issues, solutions, best practice within each peer group has proved invaluable for colleague support, confidence building, staff ‘bonding’, motivation and personal development.
ref. no. 10020268
'Andragogic Education' Teacher Training specialists
Teacher Training specialists