ref. no. 10020268
Training the trainers – nationally accredited teacher/trainer training
We are a very experienced and an approved centre for
AIM Awards - centre no. 60980 and City & Guilds - centre no. 002266
We are accredited to run the following teacher training courses:
1) Level 3 Award in Education & Training (E&T) (PTLLS replacement)
2) Level 4 CERTIFICATE and 3) Level 5 DIPLOMA in Education & Training
1) Level 3 Award in Education & Training
WHY might you need to gain a teacher training qualification? Click here for details
We offer the following methods of study for the Award in E&T qualification:
a) Award in E&T Regular scheduled five day courses, £455.99 per person inclusive.
Held at: IPS International, Northbank House, Sir Thomas Longley Road, Rochester ME2 4DU
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION & COURSE DATES
b) Award in E&T Home study programme. £230 per person. Different programmes for candidates new to teaching or for those who are experienced educators already.
c) Award E&T Hosting the course, on your premises, on dates to suit you, (minimum of four delegates), over 5 days, from £195 per delegate.
2) CERTIFICATE in Education & Training. 8 day taught course over six to twelve months ‘In-house’ anywhere in the UK. From £650 per delegate.
3) CERTIFICATE in Education & Training. Distance learning course. From £550 per person.
4) DIPLOMA in Education & Training ‘In-house’ (only) anywhere in the UK. £1,650 per delegate.
The programme is usually run over a period of 15 full days, with each day approximately one month apart, (excluding the eight, one hour, teaching observations required for each candidate).
We have taught people of all ages and backgrounds, ranging from candidates who have not been in education for many years to graduates and postgraduates – all have been able to succeed if they have wanted to.
We specialise in the teacher training courses that are required by many professions for contractual, legal and / or funding reasons. See the Education and Training Foundation website for clarification - http://www.et-foundation.co.uk
Are you sometimes bored with apparently irrelevant training courses?
- Is the training message being lost?
- Are staff/learners not taking on-board vital information? Is this dangerous or costly?
- Is some training not really being very effective?
We can show you how to provide training that is relevant to learners that will:
- engage, interest, challenge and empower people to be motivated to take charge of their own learning.
We can demonstrate the usefulness of ‘andragogic’ (student centred) teaching methods – as opposed to ‘pedagogic’ (teacher centred) strategies in a very supportive learning environment.
Why complete the teacher training qualification?
1) To demonstrate that you (or your staff) can teach effectively to recognised standards;
2) To achieve/maintain ‘centre approval’, so you can provide accredited qualifications. (Note that some people and organisations benefit from the course without completing the awarding organisation's assignments, as it can provide a 'step change' in practice').
3) To work within the guidelines that inspection bodies (such as external verifiers and moderators from awarding bodies) may be looking to see in an organisation’s educational remit;
4) We will also show delegates the wide ranging and well proven benefits of using ‘andragogic’ (learner centred) teaching methods. See here for further details; http://www.infed.org/thinkers/et-knowl.htm and;
OR type 'andragogy' in to a search engine such as Google;
5) Internal quality assurance reasons. To assure the quality (and effectiveness) of the organisation’s training function;
6) More effective teachers/trainers may stimulate greater demand for work, increasing the revenue of the teacher/organisation;
7) To explore the underpinning educational theory, to understand WHY current teaching strategies work and also why some teaching strategies may not work;
8) To enable educators to facilitate even more effective learning in their learners in the longer term, which may be important for compliance, risk, legal and safety reasons;
9) To motivate employees and maintain good employees by adding meaningful training and career progression opportunities and CPD (continuing professional development).
'Andragogic Education' Teacher Training specialists
Teacher Training specialists